Topic: Updated butterfly and moth rules and master species list
Butterfly Conservation and Biological Records Centre have updated their butterfly and moth rules for Record Cleaner. The changes include:
* The ten km distributions, which cover macro moths, and have been updated based upon observations from 2000 to 2016.
* The identification difficulty, flight period, and recording period rules have been expanded to include micro moths.
* The butterfly rules have been separated out from the moth rules.
* The nomenclature has been updated to match the current species list.
The updated rules are now available to download and use in the NBN Record Cleaner
If you are using Windows 10, please follow these steps to update the rules:
1. Uninstall Record Cleaner
2. Delete the folder C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\NBNRecordCleaner
3. Reinstall Record Cleaner
4. Copy and install the latest species list (see below)
5. Start Record Cleaner and re-import all the new rulesets
Latest Master Species List available:
The attached zip file contains the master species list taken from the UK Species Inventory in July 2021. This is the current version on the NBN Atlas.
The files can be updated manually on a fresh install of the NBN Record Cleaner. The zip file contains Graham French's original instructions on how to do this. See this forum post for more details https://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=6754.
Please let me know if you have any problems,
Best wishes, Sophie
NBN Atlas Data Manager