1 (edited by Graham Hawker 06-03-2017 09:37:35)

Topic: Dictionary update 0000003E error

I have read that this upgrade can cause a problem. Our upgrade is failing. the error message is:

Error occurred running script 0000003E.sql. The error is described as: The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_TAXON_VERSION_TAXON". The conflict occurred in database "NBNData", table "dbo.TAXON_VERSION", column 'TAXON_KEY'.

I don't know if this is the same problem or something different.

The full report is attached.

Post's attachments

bugreport.txt 17.56 kb, 2 downloads since 2017-03-06 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Graham Hawker
Thames Valley Environmental Records Centre

Re: Dictionary update 0000003E error

I've now seen this post http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=6665 which suggests the dictionaries have got out of step. This doesn't make that much sense because we had our dictionaries fixed in about 2010 and have been especially careful with upgrades ever since. This suggests that however careful we are the dictionary upgrade process is prone to error and we just never know.

Graham Hawker

Yes the fact that your dictionary has been fixed, but has gone wrong is of concern. However, if this is the case it will be the first time I have seen it. For all the fixes I have done in recent years the problems could be  identified as happening before v4.00 of the dictionary upgrade kit (around 2006).

To get around the error substitute the version of 0000003E for the one available at  http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?pid=25563#p25563

It would help if you could provide a copy of your database so that firstly I can provide a fix if your dictionary is out of step,  and secondly  to identify the reason for the problem so that we can prevent it in future.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike. I'll be in touch.

Graham Hawker