Topic: Dictionary Upgrade Crash - Help!

I was applying the latest set of dictionary upgrades (0000003C to 0000003E) and it came up with a bug report half way through.  I told it to continue but it seemed to hang and no activity was flashing up as before so I closed the window.  I am still able to open Recorder but the Dictionary version is listed as 0000003D.  Anyone know what I should do to proceed.  I had installed the 3.25 update before hand.  Our backup is from before I installed this also.  Can anyone help?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve Hannah - GIS and Data Infrastructure Officer
The Wildlife Information Centre

Re: Dictionary Upgrade Crash - Help!

Copy this file into the scripts folder. Delete script 0000003E.sql and rename this one 0000003E.sql then run the dictionary upgrade again. If there are no issues build the 4 indexes again and you should be OK. The fact that this script fails indicates some problem with your dictionary which may need looking at. If you get  any error messages when theupgrade runs please make a note of them.

Post's attachments

Revised0000003E.sql 599.23 kb, 10 downloads since 2016-10-21 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli

Hi Mike

Thanks for supplying this.  Before I run it should i rebuild the indices?  Also do I need to run the C and D scripts again as well?

Also I assume that this does not require me to reload from backup first?

Just replace  0000003E and run the upgrade again. No need to rebuild the indexes before doing this. It doesn't matter if scripts prior to 3E are in the scripts folder as they will be ignored.

Mike Weideli

Worked perfectly, everything back to normal.  Thanks for your help!