Re: No of records per recorder per survey

Dear All
Has anyone written an xml report for no of records per recorder per survey? If so I would be very grateful to share it.

Thanks

Janet

This one would be a good one to add to the list of reports currently under development.

I've uploaded three xml reports that I've written. This includes one that lists the number of records per recorder per survey which is I think what is being asked here.

The second lists the number of records in each survey along with a few other details about the survey.

The third lists any taxon determinations that come before the sample date. This I find is very easy to create and causes hassles when transferring data. It comes when you've entered a batch of records and then realised the sample date was wrong. You change the sample date but then really should change all the taxon determination dates as well which can be a real hassle and is often not done. The good thing about this report is you can click on the offending taxon_determination date in the report and be taken straight to that record for editing which makes life easier.

See http://forums.nbn.org.uk/uploads.php?fi … eports.zip

Comments gratefully received.

Dear David

Thanks a lot for the the number of records per recorder per survey report which worked very well. Unfortunately when I ran the other 2 reports you posted I got an error message 'There is an error in the SQL code 'Adding value to a datetime column caused overflow'

Janet

It is failing on large datasets due to the way I was handling dates (converting to a date format by doing a date add). I've sent Janet a version without these fields which are not strictly needed for these reports.

David, just used your CountSurveyRecords.xml report after a little adaptation to take the date error out and it worked like a charm. Many thanks for that :)
Fiona

Fiona McCrory
CEDaR Website Officer
www.nmni.com/cedar