Re: Can link back to record from R6 XML report output

I have a simple XML report which returns some record details based on a user-supplied TOK. The record is reported okay in the usual R6 tabulated output window, but when I click the mouse on any of the returned values (e.g. the TOK or species name) expecting to be linked through to the full R6 record, nothing happens. I notice also that things like 'send to map' and 'export to GE' are low-lighted on the report output menu. Am I missing something?

Richard Burkmar
Biodiversity Project Officer
Field Studies Council

Sorry, just found this in the documentation: "Through the Columns tag it is possible to set up the ability for a user to navigate to a data screen which contains the record on the report. When this is set up clicking on a designated column will take the user to the relevant data screen." I guess that will fix my problem.

Richard Burkmar
Biodiversity Project Officer
Field Studies Council

As you have discovered the Column tag attributes 'keycolumn' and 'tablename'  control what happens when you click on a field in the report results.  Tablename can be  Survey,Event,Sample, Taxon_Occurrence, Biotope_Occurrence,Location ,Name, Location, Feature, Document, Taxon, Biotope and Admin. 

Show on map and export require certain fields. Not sure without checking which ones, but I suspect sample spatial reference is necessary.

Mike

Mike Weideli