Re: Field Fleawort

In version Q of the Recorder 6 INDEX_TAXON_NAME table the following two entries have the same RECOMMENDED_TAXON_LIST_ITEM_KEY of NHMSYS0000453794

NBNSYS0000065544 Tephroseris integrifolia
NBNSYS0000065545 Tephroseris integrifolia subsp. Integrifolia

(NHMSYS0000453794 is Tephroseris integrifolia)

7 of our 39 records are for the subspecies, but all 39 records are reported regardless of whether
Tephroseris integrifolia (L.) Holub [Spp] or Tephroseris integrifolia subsp. integrifolia sensu stricto (L.) Clairv. [SubSpp] is selected.

The species and the subspecies have different status according the JNCC’s 27/07/2010 spreadsheet of designations. The subspecies is UKBAP/NERC, but the species is only nationally scarce.

When I ask for UKBAP records to be reported I don’t get the subspecies records presumably because they are being mapped to the species, which is only NS?

Is this an error in the dictionary? If so, to what recommended entry should NBNSYS0000065545 map?

Regards, Keith

This looks like an error in NameServer. Tephroseris integrifolia subsp. Integrifolia is a valid sub species on the Vascular Plants preferred Dictionary and I woudl have thought your the Recorder 3.3 entry for  TLI key NBNSYS0000065545 shoould  map to this (TLV = NHMSYS0000464372  and TLI = NHMSYS0000453795. One possible solution would be to add a new preferred determination to your 7 records using the Vascular Plants Dictionary.

Mike

Mike Weideli

Dear Keith,

Thank you for pointing this out. Yes, there is an error in the mapping in the NAMESERVER table as nominal subspecies should map to themselves and not to the species. This has now been corrected and will hopefully be included in the next update to Recorder taxonomy.

Regards,

Charles Hussey

NBN Species Dictionary Project Manager (Retired!) smile