Re: Occurences for Places VS Places for Occurences

I was having a problem finding a list of a particular species and came across this problem;

Search taxon dictionary for Brown Hare, Report Occurrences for Places - Non Found
Search location where species is recorded, Report Places for Occurrences - Brown Hare is on the Report.

I've tried this with the R3 taxon and the preferred taxon and get the same result.

Assuming Occurrences for Places is what we used to call a sites species list and Places for Occurrences is a list of records for a species then I have species records which only exist if I ask about locations.

I have to admit I'm slightly puzzled about the titles of the reports as the Occurrences for Places calls itself Occurrences for Locations when run and I don't understand what a place might be in recorder if it is not a Location. Perhaps the help file would help but it has never worked. I just get empty pages.

Is there any explanation for this?

Data Manger
Somerset Environmental Records Centre

2 (edited by RobLarge 03-06-2010 09:36:55)

Re: Occurences for Places VS Places for Occurences

Tony there is a fix for the help problem, in the form of a change to the registry. Save the following as a .reg file & run it, then your help should work

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTMLHelp\1.x\ItssRestrictions]
"MaxAllowedZone"=dword:00000001

Rob Large
Wildlife Sites Officer
Wiltshire & Swindon Biological Records Centre