Re: Re-installing R2002 add-ins

I am using Recorder 2.3.7.8.  Three add-ins appear to have uninstalled themselves - Filter results to Excel, Location reports, and Display unchecked records.  When I go to Tools, Install, Add-in Module, these add-ins are not listed.

Could someone tell me how to go about re-installing these?  I have the v2.0.5 CD, and then the two upgrades that followed.

Thanks,

Francesca

Dear Leslie,

all the add-ins are on the CD.  If you insert the CD, then close the Install recorder 2002 boxes.  Open your file manager windows, and browse the CD - there should be a folder called Addins.  In there, there will be files with .ocx endings such as import wizard, filter reults, etc - bring the required ones across on to your addins subfolder of  Recorder2002 folder on your machine.  Then you should be able to install them from the software.

Hope that helps.

Louise

F M Leslie wrote:

I am using Recorder 2.3.7.8.  Three add-ins appear to have uninstalled themselves - Filter results to Excel, Location reports, and Display unchecked records.  When I go to Tools, Install, Add-in Module, these add-ins are not listed.

Could someone tell me how to go about re-installing these?  I have the v2.0.5 CD, and then the two upgrades that followed.

Thanks,

Francesca

Make sure you use a Recorder 2002 version 2.3.1 CD, i.e. the coloured one with a picture of a bee nectaring on a cowslip on it. If you don't have a copy of this CD, anyone who purchased earlier versions of the system can obtain a copy free of charge from John Morris at JNCC, tel. 01733 866866, e-mail John.Morris@jncc.gov.uk. Unfortunately installing Recorder 6 uninstalls the add-ins in Recorder 2002. I reported this problem last year so I am hoping it will be fixed in the next release of Recorder 6.

If you want to use any of the other add-ins, e.g. the Import Wizard, I suggest you download them from the NBN web-site as you will then be using the latest versions. The ones on the CDs are the versions that were available when the CDs were produced - December 2003 in the case of Recorder 2002 version 2.3.1. The links to follow are: NBN Information - Maps and recording - Recorder 2002 - + document (on the right) - use the drop down arrow to select Add-ins and add-in updates.

Sally Rankin, JNCC Recorder Approved Expert
E-mail: s.rankin@btinternet.com
Telephone: 01491 578633
Mobile: 07941 207687

A customer is trying to install the import wizard in Recorder 2002 but the install button is greyed out in Tools – Install – Add-in Module. I thought the solution for this was to log-on to the PC with administrator rights but this didn’t work. They have also tried uninstalling and re-installing Recorder 2002 but when reinstalling, the system hangs when it is trying to install the standard add-ins. Has anyone a solution for this?

Sally Rankin, JNCC Recorder Approved Expert
E-mail: s.rankin@btinternet.com
Telephone: 01491 578633
Mobile: 07941 207687