Topic: Show dictionary item details

Hello all,
I have the problem which occurred ages ago, but this time with a recent version of R6. I have searched the Forum but cannot find the way to put it right (sorry!). I know about the little Icon to the right of the metadata icon ... but this doesn't work.
The R6 is on a standalone PC and it is Version 6.30.0.291
Dictionary version 51
Could someone send me the fix?
Many thanks
Happy mid-summer
Philippa

Dr Philippa Tomlinson
Biological Records Manager
Manx Biological Recording Partnership

Re: Show dictionary item details

Hi Philippa

There seems to be a bug (at least on my R6) that, if you drag the splitter all the way to the right to minimise the item details, you can't drag it back again. perhaps that has happened to you.

When you click on the 'Show/Hide Dictionary Item Details' button does the vertical splitter bar appear/disappear from the Taxon Dictionary Browser window (on the far right-hand side)?

Andy

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk

Hi Andy,
Yes, When I click on the 'Show/Hide Dictionary Item Details' button the vertical splitter bar DOES appear/disappear from the Taxon Dictionary Browser window ... but the little 'opening' icon doesn't work.
It works fine on the networked version of R6 that I use but not on this standalone.
I remember it was a problem in the past and I thought someone had a fix for it.
Thanks
Philippa

Dr Philippa Tomlinson
Biological Records Manager
Manx Biological Recording Partnership

See https://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=500

:-)

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Thanks Charlie. I was just about to post the same solution (manually as I hadn't spotted that old post).

:-)

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk