Re: Taxon Dictionary Browser Window

Hello,
When I open my 'Taxon Dictionary Browser Window' I no longer have the little window to the right hand side, which displays the status of the highlighted species and the NBN logo bit.

Does anyone know why it has disappeared or how to get it back? I definitely can't drag it back, my cursor only moves the whole window.

Thank you for any help, It's starting to get really irritating.
Best,

Lizzy Peat
HBIC

On the toolbar that has the blue i (Show Metadata) on it, to the right of that button is a button which when you hover over it will probably now be saying Show Dictionary Item Details. Press that and it should come back.

Brian

Brian Miller
(Conservation Officer (Buckinghamshire), BBOWT)

Hooray!
Thank you Brian.

Lizzy Peat
HBIC

How do you get the Dictionary Item Details back if this button does not work? When I hover over the part of the window that should allow me to resize it, the cursor does change but does not allow me to drag the window edge. I'm sure I've seen this answered somewhere... if only there was a troubleshooting section on the wiki....

Dave Slade
Senior IT & Records Officer,
15 Talbot Road, Talbot Green, Pontyclun, CF72 8AD
www.sewbrec.org.uk, www.sewbrecord.org.uk

Dave
This is a bug - if the splitter is pushed back all the way you cant pull it back. To work around:
- close Recorder
- start - run - regedit
- open HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> DORSET SOFTWARE -> RECORDER 6 -> FORMS -> TaxonDictionaryBrowser
- reset the splitter position to, maybe, 50
Open Recorder and seeif it has reappeared.
Steve

A belated thanks Steve, that has done the trick.

Dave Slade
Senior IT & Records Officer,
15 Talbot Road, Talbot Green, Pontyclun, CF72 8AD
www.sewbrec.org.uk, www.sewbrecord.org.uk

How do you sort out this problem if your Recorder is on a network and you are not an IT admin person? We have just upgraded to the very most recent version of Recorder but my pc still has this problem!
many thanks
Philippa

Dr Philippa Tomlinson
Biological Records Manager
Manx Biological Recording Partnership

The registry settings are on your workstation, not the server, so if you are allowed access to the registry you should be able to fix it. If not, you will have to ask your IT support.

Rob Large
Wildlife Sites Officer
Wiltshire & Swindon Biological Records Centre