Topic: Networked version installation problem

We're trying to install the networked version of Recorder on our servers, with the database sitting on one server and the application on another. We are using SQL Server 2016, and have successfully created the database on the database server. The database can be accessed to directly from the application server.

During the application installation process we get to the screen where you have to select the database server (see attachment). The correct instance appears in the drop down box, but the "Next" button can't be clicked. We've also tried by referencing the SQL server instance as follows EM-SQL1\MSSQLSERVER.

We can resolve the name from the application server directly, ping the SQL server and we know the DB port is open (1433), so not sure why it won’t accept it.

Please could you advise, and let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,
Kate

Post's attachments

record6error.jpg 202.26 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Networked version installation problem

Hi Kate, thanks for raising this on the forum. Mike Weideli, who usually responds to these types of things, is away from his computer for the next few days. I will ask around to see if there's anyone else who is able to advise you on this.
Clare Blencowe - Chair of Recorder 6 Steering Group

Clare Blencowe
Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre | Manager
Recorder 6 Steering Group | Chair

I think this problem is the dash in the instance name. There is a special install program which gets around this. Unfortunately I will  be unable to get it to you for  a few days but will make it available asap.

Mike Weideli

MikeWeideli wrote:

I think this problem is the dash in the instance name. There is a special install program which gets around this. Unfortunately I will  be unable to get it to you for  a few days but will make it available asap.

Yes Mike, this sounds suspiciously like the same problem that we encountered when networking our instance of Recorder 6.

Paul

Biological Records Officer
Rotherham MBC
Rotherham Biological Records Centre

Thank you all for your quick responses - I will await the install program.

Hi Paul
Do you have the special install program or the link to it you could supply. It will not have changed. I am on hospital for a few days and have no access to for a while.

Mike Weideli

Hi

The install which allows a dash in the instance name can be downloaded from www.Recorder6.info/SetupApp_Allow_Dash.zip

Download this file and unzip it into the install folder which has SetUpApp.exe.  Run   SetupApp_Allow_Dash.exe instead of SetUpApp.exe

Let me know how you get on.

Mike Weideli

Thank you Mike. I will let you know.