Topic: Record Cleaner - Master species list update

Hello,
I have an update of the master species list for Record Cleaner based on the version of the UKSI that is on the NBN Atlas now.

This is the first time that I have updated the species list on Record Cleaner and before I make the update available would anyone be able to test it? I have done a basic check in Record Cleaner and it all looks okay.

I received a comment about Record Cleaner that when choosing from the dropdown list of non-unique names there is not enough information to make a choice as only the authority is offered. We have reformatted the list so that the UKSI recommended name is marked with an asterix.

In order to test the update you will need to update the master species list text file manually following this forum post: https://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=6754.

If anyone can help I will send you the new text files.

Many thanks,

Sophie

Re: Record Cleaner - Master species list update

Hi Sophie,
Did you get any offers of help with this? We only use the lichen dictionary but we are keen to get that updated in the record cleaner as we find it very useful to check for errors in the records sent in to us. Let me know if you would like us to test the update for you.
Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society