Re: Notifications?

Sorry, missed the 'user' bit in the notifications grid!

As for attempting to view these, I am using the masquerade as feature to view their account directly. And the 'My Notifications' -> Messages from other Users has 'No Information Available' for this user. Automated checks are appearing properly though.

Dave Slade
Senior IT & Records Officer,
15 Talbot Road, Talbot Green, Pontyclun, CF72 8AD
www.sewbrec.org.uk, www.sewbrecord.org.uk

With a bit of coordination I have captured the query that is being executed on the server which includes the following filter.

AND n.source_type in ('C ','V ','S ','VT ','AC')

This contains extraneous spaces in the values to test against and so is not returning the correct results.

This is a bug which I can now try to locate and fix. Thanks for your help in reporting this and helping to pin it down.

Jim Bacon.

No problem! Thanks for your help.

Dave Slade

Hi Dave,

I have a fix to propose which I would be pleased if you could try out for us.

At line 285  in iform\client_helpers\prebuilt_forms\extensions\notifications_centre.php (assuming we are on exact same versions of the file) I would like you to remove a space in the implode function call so that it reads as follows:

$extraParams['source_types'] = "'" . implode("','", $sourceType) . "'";

Jim Bacon

30 (edited by Jim Bacon 23-06-2016 15:20:15)

I was also puzzled by the default list of source types in use here:  'sourceType' => 'C,V,S,VT,AC'.

The first four make sense:
C = comment
V = verification
S = species alert
VT = verifier task

AC is not documented anywhere but I find an old comment indicating it was for Achievements. I assume this should be changed to what is now
M = milestone

Jim Bacon.

Hooray! The removal of the space in the implode function has fixed the problem, and user notifications have returned.
I've also changed the sourceType to 'C,V,S,VT,AC,M' (in case AC is ever re-instated!).

I am however clearly not up to date as this is on line 271 in my version, so I'll have to have another go at updating things.

Thanks again for you help.
Dave

Dave Slade

Great.

I'll try to commit that fix to the repository soon.

Note, we currently have a backlog in processing some of the notifications due to a large number (100k +) of records that were uploaded recently. Should be cleared by the end of the day. They will just be a bit slow arriving.

Jim Bacon.

Further to my previous email, I've committed this fix and tagged it as v1.1.2 of the client_helpers.
The influx of records is continuing and we have a backlog of 17k at the moment to work through, so notifications may continue to be a bit slow coming through.

Jim Bacon.

Those ever ephemeral notifications have disappeared again. I (and fellow SEWBReCORD users) are getting email notification of things, but the 'My Notifications' page simply shows one old notification that I thought I'd got ride of ages ago, but which apparently refuses to go away.

Dave Slade