Topic: Specified dates species list

Hi,

Is there an easy way of producing a report to show a species list recorded for a location between a specified set of dates?

Thank you!

Sophie

Re: Specified dates species list

This shouldn't be a difficult report to do and I can have a go for you . However can you clarify what you require. For the species do you want the name as input, the recommended name (or both). Do you want any other information (eg. the number of records). If there are vague dates involved how do you want them selected (ie based in vague date start or vague date end ?).

Mike Weideli

Brilliant, thanks Mike.

Ideally we would like a report where we can select a location (that would include it's subsites) and a set of dates and produce a report all the species recorded within these parameters.

For the report just the recommended name would be great, the number of record would also be really handy and if possible the last date the species was recorded for the site? For dates vague date end would be our preference.

Thank you so much for your help,

Sophie

Hi Mike,

Have you been able to figure this out at all?

Thank you,

Sophie

Been a bit busy with release 6.23. Chase me up if you don't hear by middle of next week.

Mike Weideli

Hi. Attached is an XMl report which is designed to do what you require. Copy it into your R6 reports folder. It is in System Supplied Reports-Geographical Area/Location Reports-Location Summary Reports. It is called L9 Location Species Report. From the main Report menu you will need to select the Location from the Location hierarchy, or it can be run as a quick report by right clicking on the required Location in the Location hierarchy. Dates are best  entered in the format 1/3/2000- 31/3/2015, but it will also take  vague date such as a year.

Let me know how you get on  and of anything which doesn't do what you expect.

Post's attachments

JNCC_L9_Location_Species.xml 5.2 kb, 9 downloads since 2015-08-09 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli

Hi Mike, Thanks a lot for that! All seems to work fine but would it be possible for the report to include all of the sub-sites for a location as well?

Many Thanks,

S

It should have done.  Will check it out.

Mike Weideli

It was returning very few species so my first assumption was that it was not including sub-sites, but there may have been another cause? Thank you for looking into it

Attached is a revised version. Think it is Ok now - I already had report 9, which affected my testing. Please delete 9 form report folder, and substitute this one.

Post's attachments

JNCC_L10_Location_Species.xml 5.78 kb, 3 downloads since 2015-08-14 

Mike Weideli

Great Mike, that solves that problem! One final ask (sorry to keep asking you) but would it be possible to limit this to one survey, i.e. have it in under quick reports when right-clicking on a survey?

Thank you very much Mike

You mean you want the same thing, but for a Survey not Locations (attached), or did you mean after selecting the Survey you want to be able to select a Location ? I am happy to do reports to help people, as long as I have the time and they do the testing.

Mike Weideli

13 (edited by sophie.bennett 18-08-2015 12:01:21)

Thank you very much Mike I do appreciate it. This report in theory would be perfect but when I try and run the report it is currently only picking out one species instead of a complete list

Thank you again,

Sophie

Slight mistake.  Revised report attached.

Post's attachments

JNCC_Su1_Survey_Species.xml 4.61 kb, 7 downloads since 2015-08-20 

Mike Weideli

Hi Mike, That's absolutely perfect thank you!