Topic: Adding taxon rank to the reporting wizard fields

I'd like to add Taxon Rank to the reports wizard so I export a field which says whether an observation is at family, genus species level etc. Would ideally like this to be the rank of the recommended taxon name.

I'm struggling to get the SQL correct in the REPORT_JOIN table. Can anyone help?

MARK

Mark Pollitt
SWSEIC (formerly DGERC)

Re: Adding taxon rank to the reporting wizard fields

Probably best to go via Index_Taxon_Name.  Something on the lines of the following

FROM #REPORT_OUTPUT LEFT JOIN  TAXON_DETERMINATION ON #REPORT_OUTPUT.OCCURRENCE_KEY = TAXON_DETERMINATION.TAXON_OCCURRENCE_KEY AND TAXON_DETERMINATION.PREFERRED=1
INNER JOIN INDEX_TAXON_NAME ITN ON ITN.TAXON_LIST_ITEM_KEY = TAXON_DETERMINATION.TAXON_LIST_ITEM_KEY
INNER JOIN TAXON_LIST_ITEM TLI ON TLI.TAXON_LIST_ITEM_KEY = ITN.RECOMMENDED_TAXON_LIST_ITEM_KEY
INNER JOIN TAXON_RANK ON TAXON_RANK.TAXON_RANK_KEY = TLI.TAXON_RANK_KEY

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike

That work's great.

MARK

Mark Pollitt
SWSEIC (formerly DGERC)

Would it be possible to get a full set of instructions on how to add a Taxon Rank field. There seems to have been something on the now defunct wiki, which helped me work it out before, but without that I can't be certain I have got it right.

Thanks

Gordon Barker
Biological Survey Data Manager
National Trust

I don't think there were ever any complete instructions, just pointers. The way I do it is to find something similar and adapt it. Attached is the sql needed  to add taxon rank.It appears to work, but only quickly tested. If it is Ok we can add the feature to a future release.

Post's attachments

TaxonRankReporting.txt 2.01 kb, 7 downloads since 2015-03-24 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli

Looks ok to me. I do get about 80 taxa in our dataset marked up with rank of Spp that don't appear to be species - the recommended names include var., f., cf., or seg.  - but I expect that is more likely to be a dictionary issue.

Gordon Barker
Biological Survey Data Manager
National Trust