Re: Adding new Taxa in R6.10

I've just added a couple of new species of Millipedes to the taxon dictionary.  Because they're hot house species new to Britain, i've had to create new genera (and a new family for one of them).  For some reason, the Parent of the new hierarchies I've created are fine and appear in the browser, however, the children don't.  To add insult to injury, they appear as items when I perform a search, but when I select them, it tells me that "the specified taxon cannot be found in the current list."

Under the "System Supplied taxa contained within this taxonomic group" section of the Taxon Group Tab, it lists the names of the children taxa, but these are apparently System Supplied, so I can't even edit them.  I had wondered whether it takes a while for the new taxa to filter through the system, but I've restarted Recorder several times and it hasn't helped.  I've added new taxa in this way plenty of times before, but this is the first time I've tried it since I've updated to V6.10.  Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Re: Adding new Taxa in R6.10

Hi Alistair

Just a thought - have you tried rebuilding the indexes (index taxon name etc.)?

I'd back up first and then give this a try.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC