Re: NBN Exchange Addin

Mike

Just moving forward with this on the new server now I have dealt (with your help) with other things.

I have updated Recorder to the candidate release version of 6.20/6.21.  I have installed the NBN Exchange Addin as indicated above (using the version of the software in the zip from 25th Feb).

I installed with admin privs and can run on a user that has admin rights on the server (and on the local workstation machine) .  I can run the software with a user that has no admin rights on either the server or workstation but right at the end of the process I get the error "Export Failed. Cancel and Try Again - Check path and filename. Make sure you have write permissions on the folder". No matter where I try to save the file (locally, on a shared network drive, on the Recorder 6 Server) I get this error message - and I know that this user has write access to all of the places I am trying to save the export to.

Suspect that this is a permissions issue on the server side but can't see what it might be.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stuart

Have you got read/write permissions on the folder  where the xml reports files are held.They will be in a folders called 'user files\reports" . The addin writes a  log file (export_log)  to this folder and it may be this which is causing the problem. You could also look in this folder and see if the log file is there. If it is it might hold some info. which will help.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike

The issue is now resolved.  It was a combination of permissions and some of the registry entries being attached to an old installation location and not the new one.  Have been uninstalling and reinstalling the workstation software a lot on this PC as am testing both live an test versions on the old and new servers - at some point the registry entries have got out of sync.

Thanks

Stuart

Hi Mike

I have been just using the NBN exchange format to export some data. The first file of data exported beautifully without any problems (as far as I can see). But the second dataset I tried to export caused this message to come up...

An internal exception occurred in the NBN Exchange addin in Stored procedure: nbn_exchange_create_tables

The exception message is:
There is already an object named '##nbn_exchange_obs' in the database

I closed Rec6 and opened again and the next time I tried the export went fine. Just wondering what happened?

Pauline

Thanks. Looks like it does not  drop this table when it finishes. Restarting R6 will fix this until the code can be put right.

Mike Weideli

Hi Mike

I've extracted a file using v6.17 of the NBN Exchange addin (because R6 is still on v6.17 at the moment) but when running the file through the NBN Record Cleaner it complains that some of the Comment fields are > 255 chars.  Having to edit all the invalid records can be very tedious and if you are not the custodian, as is the case with these records, they can't be fixed in R6 so this happens with every extract.

Is it possible to change the NBN Exchange addin to automatically truncate all Comments at 255 chars (or add a option on the user interface for this) so they pass the NBN Record Cleaner validation?

A similar validation error happens with grid references that contain spaces, so an option to strip out all spaces would be great too!

Thanks
Andy

Andy Foy
Systems Manager
Greenspace Information for Greater London (GiGL) CIC
www.gigl.org.uk

There is a version in testing which has the option to reduces the length of the Comments field. Spaces in grid refs cause various problems in R6 and it is best to remove them. They should no longer get in via either data entry or the import wizard. The attached  zip file has various tools for identifying and fixing common  problems with R6 data.  Batch Update JNCCDataCorrect1.xml  will  fix problems with spaces in the spatial reference field.

Post's attachments

ProblemsV2.zip 41.86 kb, 3 downloads since 2015-04-12 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli