Re: Report Wizard Problems

Hello,

We have a relatively recent installation of Recorder 6 here.  We’ve slowly been importing our data into it and all seemed fine until we have come to use the Report Wizard.

We have been using Recorder for a number of years and on our ‘old’ version, to retrieve all records of a species from the whole database (not restricting to sources/admin/polygons etc) we used to just select ‘taxon records’ from the Report Wizard first page, then click next, then select the species we wanted etc…

However, when we now complete the above process, the report appears to ‘time-out’ on the blank screen of ‘filter result’ and returns no species (after 20 mins this still appears, with no error message).  I’m not asking for a huge report, just the date and location of otter records (we only have about 250 of these in our database) so I don’t think it is a memory issue.

If, when starting the report wizard, we restrict results to a source, then a survey and select all surveys, the report works, so we can get at the data, it’s just an extra step to remember to do and makes complicated reports even more complicated!

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks

Kirsty

(LRERC)

This certainly should be working and it shouldn't take long to run. Are these records marked confidential, unchecked etc?  In which case you may need to change the attributes. When you get to the Layout Selection choose additional filters and then the 'Constraints' tab. Change as required. If you are already doing this then it may be the list you are using to select the taxa from which is causing the problem.

Mike Weideli

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response.

The records are not marked confidential and are checked (I've not looked at everyone individually, but as they are appearing using exactly the same criteria when I report in the other way described above I have made that assumption).

I've used the same checklist 'MAMMALIA' for both the variations of the report wizard above and used the species 'Lutra lutra'.

Not sure if this helps at all?

Kirsty

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone had any more thoughts on this?

Thanks

Kirsty

(Leicestershire and Rutland Environmental Records Centre)