Re: JNCC Status List

Hope this is the correct place for this post.

Would it be possible for NBN/JNCC to output a CVS format file of the status list for incorporation into LRC systems? The spreadsheet format currently used does not lend itself to easy data extraction. We do use the list to derive local and Welsh status tables.

Thanks.

Dave Cope,
Biodiversity Technology Officer,
Biodiversity Information Service for Powys and Brecon Beacons National Park.

Hi Dave,

I'm not quite sure if I can help with this.....how do you envisage a csv file to be incorporated into LRC systems? We have already added the JNCC status list to Recorder in one of the recent species dictionary upgrades - is this what you had in mind? Additionally, there is a spreadsheet (which you could convert to csv file format) on the JNCC website that may help: http://www.jncc.gov.uk/page-3408

You may need to explain to me a bit more if this doesn't help you.
Cheers,
Lynn

Hi Lynn,

We, as do other Welsh LRCs, build a local status list - or more accurately we add local status to the JNCC list.  Thanks for the link to the spreadsheet. It is different to the one we had to work with last year and could easy be incorporated into a database from a flat file CSV export. We append local status to observations out of Recorder in a reporting system.

I was aware of the Designations table in Recorder too - I guess that is another route also.

Regards.

Dave Cope,
Biodiversity Technology Officer,
Biodiversity Information Service for Powys and Brecon Beacons National Park.