Re: R6 Saved Reports (JNCC reports)

R6 > Reports > Run > Open Saved Report > JNCC > Circle Reports > Ci1 Records within a circle......... produces a very useful output. I am often asked nowadays to provide records within a radius of a given grid reference , and that these should include any species "with legislative or protected status". In R2002 I was forced to draw a circular polygon manually and include Taxon Status in the list of attributes for the report. This was tedious and the circle invariably turned out to be egg-shaped. Ci1 is very useful but would be even more so if it included taxox status in its output. What do I need to do to have this function included in a modified Circle Report?

It is possible to include satus in the report. There is a User defined function  LCFormatTaxonDesKind6 which takes various paramters and returns the Designations. You can see this in use in some of  the other JNCC reports which report on Status. The problem is that this function slows down the reports to the point where large ones just take too long to run. You also have limited control over which status type are included in the output.  If your circles do not have too many records in them then using this function might be an answer.

Take a copy of the circle report and rename it (convention would be to replace JNCC with your site id). Open the copy in Notepad then change the Titile of the report at the top so that you can identify it  (title="Ci1 Records (inc. Status) within circle " )  and also the menu path   (say to menupath="My Reports\Circle Reports")

.  Substitute the first part of the Select statement with the following

SELECT  tOcc.taxon_occurrence_key,S.Spatial_ref, LN.ITEM_NAME,  S.LOCATION_NAME,
   s.vague_date_start,s.vague_date_end,s.vague_date_type,
   dbo.FormatEventRecorders(s.sample_key) as Recorders,dbo.FormatIndividual(I.title,I.Initials,I.Forename,I.Surname) as Determiner,
   ITN.Preferred_name ,ITN.Authority,ITN.Common_Name,ITN2.Actual_Name, dbo.LCFormatAbundanceData(TOCC.Taxon_Occurrence_Key) as Abundance,TG.Taxon_group_name as TaxonGroup,
   dbo.LCFormatTaxonDesKind6(ITN.taxon_List_Item_Key,0,'0','NHMSYS0020424779','0') as Kind1

You will also need  to add a new column at the bottom (Kind1).

<Column name="Kind1"  visible= "true" position = "13" caption = "Status" width = "300" />

Save the changes. 

You can control to some extent what is included by altering the parameters in the UDF.

Mike

Mike Weideli

Thanks very much for that Mike - I will give it a go