Re: Problem accessing the Indicia core

I tried to install indicia from svn, but I encountered two problems:

While loading the sql.files into the postgresql database, the script 200901151014_osgb36.sql stopped, because there are missing ';' at the end of the UPDATE statements.

I run trough the whole Quick Guide as described on the project site. When I try to reach the site //localhost/indicia/index.php I allways end up at the Indicia setup-page. If I define there the database I use, I run into an ErrorExeption.

C:/xampp/htdocs/indicia/modules/indicia_setup/controllers/setup.php 122?:

pg_query() [function.pg-query]: Query failed: ERROR: type "box2d" already exists Stack Trace

* modules\indicia_setup\controllers\setup.php 122?: 

Indicia::indicia_exception_handler( Resource id #35, -- -- PostgreSQL database dump

//here comes the whole database dump ...

//the end looks like that

#

) 

# modules\indicia_setup\controllers\setup.php 71?:

Setup_Controller?->db_insert_data( )

#

Setup_Controller?->run( )

# system\core\Kohana.php 304?:

ReflectionMethod?->invokeArgs( Setup_Controller? Object (

template? => View Object

(

[kohana_filename:protected] => C:/xampp/htdocs/indicia/modules/indicia_setup/views/setup.php [kohana_filetype:protected] => .php [kohana_local_data:protected] => Array

(

title? => Indicia Setup description? => Before continue here you must first create a postgresql database and may a schema. 

) 

) 

auto_render? => 1 uri? => URI Object

( ) 

input? => Input Object

(

[use_xss_clean:protected] => 1 [magic_quotes_gpc:protected] => 1 ip_address? => 

) 

view_var? => Array

(

url? => http://localhost/indicia/index.php/setup/run dbhost? => localhost error_dbhost? => dbport? => 5432 error_dbport? => dbuser? => myusername error_dbuser? => dbpassword? => mypassword error_dbpassword? => dbschema? => public error_dbschema? => dbname? => indicia page_title_error? => error_dbname? => error_general? => Array

( ) 

) 

db_file? => C:\xampp\htdocs\indicia/modules/indicia_setup/db/indicia_setup.sql db? => Array

(

host? => localhost port? => 5432 name? => indicia schema? => user? => myusername password? => mypassword 

) 

dbconn? => Resource id #35 schema_and_postfix? => 

)

) 

# system\core\Event.php 209?:

Kohana::instance( )

# system\core\Bootstrap.php 55?:

Event::run( Array (

0? => Kohana 1? => instance 

)

) 

# index.php 122?:

require( system\core\Bootstrap.php )

What could be wrong with it? since it seems, as if the whole installation is ok (database and tables are created, config.php is adapted).

georges

2 (edited by atu 25-01-2009 10:22:24)

Hi,

There are 2 setup procedures:
1) for developers as described on the indicia wiki
2) the setup for the final release for end users.

Before following the point 1 setup you have to copy the file:
/application/config/indicia_dist.php
To
/application/config/indicia.php

If you dont do that, you are always returned to the end user setup page.

While loading the sql.files into the postgresql database, the script 200901151014_osgb36.sql stopped, because there are missing ';' at the end of the UPDATE statements.

You are right, this is a problem. Currently the end user setup procedure (2) try to execute all sql files from the
/application/db folder. Else than the developers setup procedure which executes the sql files by psql, here the sql files are executed by php and it stops on the file you mentioned because of an syntax error. It has to be corrected.
The final end user setup should follows a slightly modified logic that isnt yet implemented.

Unfortunately the end user setup dosent work yet.

Best wishes,
Armand

Hi Georges

Thanks for taking a look. As you may realise it is early days for the project - at the moment we have reached the stage where it can be used, but only with treated with care!

Armand fixed the 200901151014_osgb36 script so if you get a new version from source safe it should work. Also, did renaming the indicia_dist.php file allow you to access the login page? I have updated the Wiki install guide to reflect this.

One thing to bear in mind with Indicia is that most organisations setting up online recording sites will not actually host the server part of the package themselves. They will just build web pages which access components and web services provided on a server somewhere else. Let us know what your circumstances are because it may be more appropriate for you to look at the set-up of online recording web pages aspect rather than hosting your own server.

Regards

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Thanks a lot,

after copying the indicia_dist.php to indicia.php I can access the backend.

I  just wanted to get an idea of the features the program offers.

As a member of the Luxembourg organisation 'Fondation Hellef fir d'Natur'  I'm interested in the development an I'll go to contact the MNHN in Luxembourg.

As it seems, it will be better for us to wait until the development is gone farther.

greetings from Kassel (Germany)

Georges

Nice to hear from you Georges. You are correct, it is early days for the project, but things are moving along very quickly so keep checking in.

If you have any questions though feel free to post them on here as it may be quicker than finding out for yourself.

Best Wishes

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT