Re: Reporting taxon measurements

In R6.13 we seem to have lost the ability to select taxon measurements for inclusion in the Report Wizard. Abundances can be included by selecting Obs Abundances (LC), but we also use taxon measurements to hold information on lichen substrates (scale habitats, or small scale habitats) and there doesn't seem to be any option to include these. Taxon measurements doesn't have a check box against it, although I seem to remember that it used to.

Am I missing something?

Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

I think that it was mentioned at the User Group meeting that there had been a patch/fix for this - I believe that John said it was the last thing he posted before he left Dorset. I have had a quick look but cannot locate it. Can anyone help?

Lynn

This has been answered in a previous post. Please follow the link: http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=680&p=1

Simon Wood
[url=http://www.dorsetsoftware.com/]Dorset Software Services[/url]

Thanks Simon.

I have just checked the latest version (6.13.3.) and this issue is however, fixed. This version is about to be released in the next few days. I will let you all know when it is available via the announcements.

Lynn

Thanks, I had looked for John's posting about this but had only found the one about abundances.

I have applied the batch update and the taxon measurements are now selectable, but the report wizard is only picking up the first measurement of the selected type against each taxon occurence. We often have several so we probably need something similar to the concatenation option for abundances, to show all the codes together in one column. Presumably that's one for us to raise with Mike Wideili, as it will be specific to the BLS, but it would be interesting to know whether anyone else uses taxon measurements in this way?

Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

I have various User Defined functions which do this .  I can make these generally  available, however, requirements do seem to vary between users, depending on what Measurement Types they use and how they want it displayed. It may be better if you let me know your specific requirements. If the UDF is to be used via the report wizard as well as in XML reports then there are also a few additional entries to be made in the database.

Mike Weideli

Thanks, Mike, that sounds very promising. I'll email you later today.

Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

I have added a script to my web site  which can be downloaded at www.lfield.co.uk/downloads/FormatMeasurementScript.zip which implements a consolidation of all Taxon Occurrence data Measurement Types.  You will need to  have Enterprise Manager or SQL Server 2005 tools installed to run this. Unzip the file.  If it is then opened it will normall automatically load into SQL query manager and can be executed from there. If it doesn't work automatically then open the file in notepad and copy and paste the contents into SQL query.  Entries are automatically created in the database to allow it to be used in the Report Wizard.  I have run some basic test on this and it seems OK, but if errors are encountered please let me know and I will take a look.

Mike Weideli