Re: Exporting to Excel

We have just updated from Recorder 3 to REcorder 6 and beginning to find our way round things.  First problem - exporting to DMAP is obviously not working and we have attempted to use Mike Weideli's fix in changing the export structure but to no avail.  As a quick fix we have attempted to export to excel so that we can import file using the DMAP database import facilities but come across the problem that any site name which has a comma in it is split across two columns in Excel making it a long process to change every place name if it is a long data set.  Has anyone got a fix for this. 

Although computer literate do not have the time for getting in to XML reporting yet.

Re: Exporting to Excel

I have re-checked my export routines for DMAP and they do appear to be working. The approach has been tested with Alan Morton and appears OK, but sometimes problems occur with different set ups.  In particular there is a problem with Recorder where the sort from an XML reports  does not work on very large files. As sorting is essential for DMAP output I have attempted to work around this and although it works on my machines it may not work in all cases.  The  DMAP reports and the instructions are provided by me free of charge so any help in fixing problems and getting the instructings correct would be appreciated.

Mike Weideli