Topic: sorting issues with [e.g.] Sitona (Sitona) suturalis Stephens, 1831

I'm posting this here as although it relates to some work I'm doing in Recorder 6 I think the source of the issue may be in the UKSI?

In a nutshell, I'm trying to produce a nicely sorted list of all taxa, currently testing with beetles as I can easily spot any errors.

A few taxa are not being sorted 'correctly', one of which is Sitona suturalis.

Looking at the UKSI, Sitona (Sitona) suturalis Stephens, 1831 (TVK NHMSYS0020153456) is marked as ill-formed. Chris, is this correct? I would expect this to taxa to be the recommended version as it come from Andrew Duffs checklist. Do you know why it's marked as ill-formed?

I think from memory the sorting in Recorder 6 may be ignoring the sort applied to this TVK (and getting it from TVK NBNSYS0000025196) because of this flag?

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Re: sorting issues with [e.g.] Sitona (Sitona) suturalis Stephens, 1831

Oh, possibly ignore my issues with sorting for now, but I'd still be interested to know why TVK NHMSYS0020153456 is marked as ill-formed?

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

I think I was trying to downgrade names with subgenera but it isn't really necessary because the binomials are all recommended anyway and will be preferred over bracketed names :)  I have set them to well-formed

Chris Raper, Manager of the UK Species Inventory, Angela Marmont Centre for UK Biodiversity,
Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD.  (tel: 020 7942 5894)
also Tachinid Recording Scheme (http://tachinidae.org.uk/)

Aha, right yes - that makes sense. Thanks Chris!!

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer