1 (edited by stevemcbill 15-07-2008 11:46:14)

Re: Andricus aries Error on NHM NBN Species Dictionary

Dear Charles (Hussey)

Just spotted another error (a typo) on the current NBN Species Dictionary on the NHM website. I was looking for the 'relatively' new Oak Gall wasp (Andricus aries). The entry I found was for "Andricua aries agamic (Mayr)".

I presume the mis-spelling of the generic name was caused by a 'fat-finger' catching the 'a' instead of cleanly hitting the 's' next to it on the keyboard !??!

This, of course, needs changing but it does bring up a repeat question:

Do you know when the Galls species list from the BPGS will be incorporated into the dictionary (and, most importantly for me as a recorder and ex-LRC person - when will it be incorporated into Recorder-6 and webservices ?).

Cheers and thanks.

Steve :)

Steve J. McWilliam
www.rECOrd-LRC.co.uk
www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/

Dear Steve,

Thank you for spotting this - it has now been corrected.

I am sorry that people have had to wait for the gall society list. I have been running the Dictionary on my own since John Tweddle switched jobs in December and I am afraid that import of checklists is one of the tasks that has been piling up. However, I now have someone to assist me and things should get moving again. The gall list is 5th in the queue and has an expected completion date of the beginning of September.

Regards,

Charles Hussey

NBN Species Dictionary Project Manager (Retired!) smile

Dear Charles

Many thanks for that - it is good to know things are 'happening'.

Could I possibly ask you to post a list of the currently being 'worked upon' species lists and which lists are in'the queue' so that we can all see what is likely to be available fairly soon ??

Cheers and thanks again.

Steve

Steve J. McWilliam
www.rECOrd-LRC.co.uk
www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/