Topic: Adding field to report wizard

Hello

I'm sure this will have been done before, but I can't find exactly the same request within the forum.

I would like to be able to include the field "Code" that appears in the right-hand pane of the taxon dictionary windows to the report wizard, for this purpose to include the checklist number for lichens.  I'm assuming that this is LST_ITM_CODE from table TAXON_LIST_ITEM.  Although I can add the appropriate info to REPORT_ATTRIBUTE and REPORT_FIELD, I suspect that something also needs to be added to REPORT_JOIN.

Many thanks

Alison

Alison Stewart
Dorset Environmental Records Centre

Re: Adding field to report wizard

It is the LST_ITM_CODE.  As far as I know this field hasn't been added before. There are no instructions on adding fields to the report wizard. I usually work it out by adapting something similar. In this case Taxon_Sort_Order seems to fit as it comes from the same table. As the join is already there it probably needs Just the Report_Attribute and Report_Field.  This will  return the code for the Taxon_List_Item key as input which may be OK in your situation. Returning the code from the Recommended Taxon List Item key may be more difficult and needs a bit more  thought.

I don't want to spoil your fun, but if you have difficulty let me know and I will see what I can do.

Mike Weideli

Re: Adding field to report wizard

Thanks Mike

Using the same REPORT_JOIN_KEY as for the Taxon_Sort_Order has at least got it working, and may be sufficient for the purpose I need at the moment.  I'll think about whether I need it refined to the Code for the Recommended_TLIK.

Many thanks

Alison

Alison Stewart
Dorset Environmental Records Centre