1 (edited by stevemcbill 25-03-2015 11:12:27)

Re: Missing Collembola

Dear Charles

Have recently been attempting to enter some records for Collembola in Cheshire into Recorder and after failing as the species were not in the dictionaries available I tried checking them on the NBN Taxon Dictionaries via the search mechanism.

In neither case could I find the species I was looking for and am left with the presumption that this group of species is not yet on any of the dictionaries available to recorders (if I am wrong and somebody can point me in the right direction I will be most grateful).

As there is a relatively new FSC Key to Collembola available now I would have thought that a checklist of species and their synonymy would also be available  from Steve Hopkin.

Any chance of getting the Collembola built into the dictionary asap ??

Cheers and thanks

Steve J. McWilliam  :)

Steve J. McWilliam
www.rECOrd-LRC.co.uk
www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/

What version of Recorder are you using, Steve? A preferred list for COLLEMBOLA was added as part of the species dictionary update for Recorder 6 provided with version 6.9.3. There are 182 lists in Recorder 2002 v2.3.7.8 but the latest version of Recorder 6 (v6.10.4) has 208 lists although it will have 214 lists if you have run the dictionary upgrade that came out in December 2007 – see http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=504#p2238.

Sally Rankin, JNCC Recorder Approved Expert
E-mail: s.rankin@btinternet.com
Telephone: 01491 578633
Mobile: 07941 207687

3 (edited by stevemcbill 25-03-2015 11:12:49)

Thanks for that Sally - I will check whether all available updates have been applied.

Many thanks

Steve

Steve J. McWilliam
www.rECOrd-LRC.co.uk
www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/