Topic: Date issues - indefinitely/until

I have just granted access to several of our datasets to two users.

The first had requested access until 03/09/2015, which I accepted.  On the list of granted access requests the request expires date now reads '2015-01-03' a slippage of 8 months!

The second had left their request as indefinite access, but I edited each of them in the Grant Access screen to 30/09/2014, either by typing in the date or using the calendar popup.  On the list of granted access requests it now appears that their request expires '2014-01-30'!  Again, a slippage of 8 months, with a requirement for time travel.

This is not the first time I have noticed discrepancies between the dates, but this is the first time it has resulted in a user who will not be able to use the six months of access I have granted.

Alison Stewart
Dorset Environmental Records Centre

Re: Date issues - indefinitely/until

My question would be - I have posted it at http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=5123, but as usual there has been no response from the Gateway team - what is the point of time-limited access when the user can download an entire dataset once allowed access, store it on disc and access it forever?

M.

Thanks, for bringing the issue to our attention, it looks like the access control system is just ignoring the month right now. I will add it to the list of issues, but I can't promise how quickly we will get round to looking at it right now as we are currently busy dealing with other issues at present.

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK

Hello Murdo

The time-limited access was added following data providers' request as part of the data access consultation ran before development of the new Gateway version. Many datasets are frequently updated and a local cached copy will go out of date  over time.

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer