Topic: Repeated notifications

I have noted elsewhere that I have had duplicated notifications of downloads and access requests.  This morning I see another example - this time five identical (except for the time stamps, which cover ~7 minutes) entries:

sarah macdonald-smart        Mon Nov 25 2013 17:36:59 (GMT)    All sensitive and non-sensitive records for Muntiacus reevesi (Ogilby, 1839)    Educational purposes    interested in muntjac in scotland as i have heard rumours that they are present and wanted to check survey data     1 records from this dataset in this download. This is 0.0% of this dataset and this comprises 0.5% of the download
sarah macdonald-smart        Mon Nov 25 2013 17:34:01 (GMT)    All sensitive and non-sensitive records for Muntiacus reevesi (Ogilby, 1839)    Educational purposes    interested in muntjac in scotland as i have heard rumours that they are present and wanted to check survey data     1 records from this dataset in this download. This is 0.0% of this dataset and this comprises 0.5% of the download
sarah macdonald-smart        Mon Nov 25 2013 17:31:03 (GMT)    All sensitive and non-sensitive records for Muntiacus reevesi (Ogilby, 1839)    Educational purposes    interested in muntjac in scotland as i have heard rumours that they are present and wanted to check survey data     1 records from this dataset in this download. This is 0.0% of this dataset and this comprises 0.5% of the download
sarah macdonald-smart        Mon Nov 25 2013 17:30:16 (GMT)    All sensitive and non-sensitive records for Muntiacus reevesi (Ogilby, 1839)    Educational purposes    interested in muntjac in scotland as i have heard rumours that they are present and wanted to check survey data     1 records from this dataset in this download. This is 0.0% of this dataset and this comprises 0.5% of the download
sarah macdonald-smart        Mon Nov 25 2013 17:30:01 (GMT)    All sensitive and non-sensitive records for Muntiacus reevesi (Ogilby, 1839)    Educational purposes    interested in muntjac in scotland as i have heard rumours that they are present and wanted to check survey data     1 records from this dataset in this download. This is 0.0% of this dataset and this comprises 0.5% of the download

No-one, I think, has yet suggested the reason for this.

Is it a problem with the software that handles requests?  If so, please correct it.

Are the users making multiple requests?  If so, maybe the user should be contacted to determine what she did, and to establish whether the interface needs editing to make clear that a request has been successful and therefore prevent a repeat call.

M.

Re: Repeated notifications

I wonder whether the Gateway had a blip and didn't produce the download (but logged it). The user then tried again (and again).

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Re: Repeated notifications

Hello Murdo

This issue with the download form allowing repeated downloads, resulting from clicking the download button multiple times was raised after release. In response a pop up message was introduced informing the user that the download is in process and preventing the download button being clicked whilst the download is performed.

However once the download has finished the download button is still active and can be clicked again to send another download request. It maybe better if this button is deactivated once the download has completed to reduce this happening and I will add this as a suggestion

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer