Topic: Reporting on multiple 1km grid squares

Hi

Just wondering if there is an easier way to generate a report on 200+ individual 1km grid squares other than using a bounding box for each?
Maybe there is a XML that I could use which I could paste the list of grids into.

Thanks

Re: Reporting on multiple 1km grid squares

You could paste the grids into an xml report or use a csv file in the report. Will have a go for you, but woudl need to know what you need in the output.

Mike Weideli

That would be great Mike. If you could include Event date, Event Location, Event Spatial Reference, Sample Comment, Sample Recorders, Taxon Common Name, Taxon Latin Name and Taxon Phylum.
I haven't used a XML to report before, looking forward to trying this.

Many thanks.

Attached is an XML report which should do what you require. It does run, but because of other work I have in progress I can't test it with any meaningful data. Close Recorder and copy the XML file into the reports folder of R6. You should then be be able to find the report in Recorder under Reports/Run/csv file reports. It requires a csv file with a single colum headed  "Square" which contains the list of 1km squares you wish to use. Example is attached.   

Please give it a try and let me know of any problems encountered.

Post's attachments

LC_Records_1km_Squares.xml 1.98 kb, 6 downloads since 2013-04-29 

OneKmSquares.csv 14 b, 7 downloads since 2013-04-29 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli

Thank you so much for your help. I just tested it with 2x1km squares (C4005 and C4019) and it is having a problem. All the fields are there but with no data in them apart from Event_Location which has a load of data outside the 1kms named in the csv. When you click on the location it won't give you the data behind it.
Is it our Irish grids with just one letter that is confusing it? Here is the metadata file if that helps.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <ReportMetadata>
  <RunBy userName="Pauline Campbell" />
  <RunOn date="30/04/2013" time="16:20:33" />
  <Database serverInstanceName="UMCEDAR" databaseName="NBNData" />
  <SQL>CREATE TABLE #Samples (Sample_Key CHAR(16) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS PRIMARY KEY, Squares varchar(6) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS)</SQL>
  <XMLReport name="Records for 1km Squares" description="Reports on records based on a list of 1km squares in a csv file" />
  </ReportMetadata>

I think it is mainly my join which is wrong, but may be something else as well. It should  cope with the irish grid refs.
Also needs changing to allow you to see the data behind it, which isn't automatic in an XMl report.  See if this helps as a first stage. Will try and test myself later this week.

Post's attachments

LC_Records_1km_Squares.xml 1.98 kb, 4 downloads since 2013-05-01 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli

Mike, that worked perfectly for the 2 test grids. I don't think I'll need to get the information behind the records, so I'm running the report for the 278 1km grids at the minute.
Again, many thanks.