Topic: Incorrect and requires confirmation records

It would be very useful if the lefthand panel in the the Survey hierarchy had some indication of whether a record is confirmed, requires confirmation or is wrong, you presently need to actually click on a taxon occurrence to find this information

Craig

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Re: Incorrect and requires confirmation records

That's on my list as well

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

I am thinking at trying to do this one myself, but it is not an area of code I know too well, so it may take a while.

Mike Weideli

I have had a go at implementing this. A revised RecorderApp.exe can be downloaded from www.Lfield.co.uk/downloads/recorderapp624a.zip

This is for testing use only, although it should  work normally. If you want to try it rename RecorderApp.exe in your system and then copy in RecorderApp.exe from the zip. Restore your original RecorderApp.exe when you have finished testing.

The icon on taxon_Occurrences is used to identify three attributes of the Occurence (Verified, Zero abundance and Confidential). Green Icon  = Verified, Black Icon = Pending verification and Red Icon = Failed. Confidential records have a white centre to the icon. Zero Abundance records have a dash (-) in the centre of the icon. The black bug icon is only used for the default (Pending verifcation/not confidential/not zero abundance).

Before this could be included in an official R6 release, it would need full testing, approval from the German users, the code changes would  need to be reviewed by John van-breda and Help will need updating.

Mike Weideli

Mike - this is brilliant! Seems to work fine.

My only suggestions would be: change the bug icon to a black circle, and the failed icon to a cross rather than question mark.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

charliebarnes wrote:

My only suggestions would be: change the bug icon to a black circle, and the failed icon to a cross rather than question mark.

Oh, I just realized the 'bug' was always there - I would remove it completely and just have a solid black circle. I assume it's there to distinguish between taxon and biotope occurrences? We rarely using biotopes in recorder, and I assume the determination of biotopes is less of an issue for those that do? So, for us at least, the biotope occurrence icon would be sufficient to distinguish them.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

Mike - to reiterate - this is awesome!

Something else I would change - do away with the tick and question mark altogether. I.e. just use the colour to differentiate original/verified/failed.

[a thought on the biotopes - these could follow the taxon, but with a solid square instead of the icon]

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

This feature will be incorporated into release 6.25 which is about to be made available as a Release Candidate.

Mike Weideli