Topic: Edit metadata

I see from the red text that editing metadata has been disabled, and the 'My account' link at top right is inactive.  However, I can get into the Edit metadata, attributes, etc. page via the Browse datasets link.  I have not tried to edit, but there seems nothing obvious to say that I can't.  Is this what you want?

Murdo

Re: Edit metadata

Hello Murdo

Editing metadata on the NBN Gateway is currently disabled whilst the Gateway is transferred over to the new system. This is to make sure that the new system has the latest metadata and no changes have been made in the "old" system which are then not transferred over. Editing metadata will become available on the new system as soon as possible.

The main route to change metadata through user account is no longer available but as you say there are other links to seemingly allow editing of dataset metadata that are still available. However it is not be possible to change the metadata through these links as the underlying procedure to write to the database has been disabled. I have flagged this up with the Gateway developers as it would be clearer if these links were also not available in this interim period, though please note development work is focused on the releasing the current functionality in the new site

Best wishes

Graham

Thanks, Graham.  I was not wanting to edit , but only to view the metadata, and just was concerned that there was a back door of which you were not aware.

M.

Hello Murdo

Yes thanks for highlighting it. This "back door" doesn't do anything though would be better if it wasn't available to try

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer