Re: Actual Name or Preferred Name

I am trying to produce a Detailed Species List report incl. subsites with no species authority.

My first attempts failed and I am looking at the Quick species list V06-12.xml and comparing it with the Quick species list (incl subsites) V06-12.xml Bar the fact that one creates a table called #Locations, I am confused as to why the rest of the Select statement differs so much between the two, but that is another question...

I see in there that one does a Select Distinct on ITN2.Preferred_Name AS LATIN and the other uses ITN2.Actual_Name AS LATIN.

Should they both not be using Preferred_Name? And is this what I should be opting for when trying to create this report please?

Thanks

Brian

Brian Miller
(Conservation Officer (Buckinghamshire), BBOWT)

Re: Actual Name or Preferred Name

Can anyone help guide me on how to merge two queries into one?

I have created in Access the Detailed Species list showing first and latest dates of records for a site. I have then created a query in Access using the Quick Species list including subsites to show the subsites as a Detailed Species list. All the tables and query is the same between the two except the use of the temporary #Locations table for doing the subsites.

The problem is I do not know how I can merge these two so it shows the site and subsites in the same results.

Does anyone know how this can be done please? Even if in Access, so then I can try to work out how to get them then into an xml report.

This still baffles me as to why no-one else would want to do this report and why it was created alongside the other Detailed Species Report, like it was for the Quick Species List and Quick Species List incl subsites?

Hope to hear soon.

Thanks

Brian

Brian Miller
(Conservation Officer (Buckinghamshire), BBOWT)