Re: Reporting on data entry date

I would like to be able to run a query that will give me all records entered since a certain date (or between 2 dates if no more complicated).

2 apparent options:

1) changing the value in USEABLE_TABLE for TAXON_OCCURENCE - ENTRY_DATE to make it selectable in the Additional FIlters of the report wizard;

2) tweaking one of the system XML reports.

Problems:

1) Field not in the table, not sure what the other parameters need to be.

2) The Sq5 - New Records (for Square) report seems closest to what I want to do. However attempts to edit it either result in an 'Incorrect syntax' error or produce no results (actually I can't even get the original report to produce any results when as far as I can tell it should).

If anyone could help with these, or via a third method I would be grateful.

Gordon Barker
Biological Survey Data Manager
National Trust

2 (edited by MikeWeideli 16-11-2010 09:00:45)

Gordon

You are correct that Sq5 isn't working. I have worked out what is wrong and this will be fixed shortly and a revised version uploaded to the forum. In the meantime I have adapted Sq5 into a new report (Rec 01) which is available at www.Lfield.co.uk/downloads/JNCC_Rec01_Records_Entered_Since_Date.zip  You should be able to adapt this to pick up the fields you require. When you adapt it please give the report and the file a new name as the basic report may end up in the next relesae as a system supplied report. It runs, but if you find any problems with it let me know.

Adding Taxon_Occurrence.Entry_date to the report Wizard can probabaly be done, but is not something I have yet tried.

Mike

Mike Weideli

3 (edited by MikeWeideli 15-11-2010 20:16:24)

Gordon

File name should be www.lfield.co.uk/downloads/JNCC_Rec01_Records_Entered_Since_Date.zip

Mike

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike, works fine. I have added a few extra fields and sort options (Sample Location, Data Entry Date) if anyone wants those.

I also tried the other route and added the following values into USABLE_FIELD

Usable Field Key       Table_Name                Field_Name   Field_Description  Field_Type    Apply_To  Selectable
DSS00046GB000001    TAXON_OCCURRENCE    ENTRY_DATE    Obs Entry Date       smalldatetime         A           True   

Sortable  Filterable   Calculation_SQL
True    True    TAXON_OCCURENCE.ENTRY_DATE

Admittedly I am not sure what these fields represent, but they all seem straightforward except Apply_to, which has values in the other rows of A, B, F or T. Obs Entry Date is now selectable under additional filters only works using the numerical code for a date (40179 for 1.1.10)

Gordon Barker
National Trust

Hi,

Just came across this thread whilst looking into running reports based on entry date - really useful.  Gordon, would you be happy to make your amended version of the report available?

Thanks for your help,
Lindsay

Lindsay Bamforth
Biodiversity Data Analyst
Scottish Wildlife Trust

Hi Lindsay.

File is in http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?pid=15224#p15224

Hope it does what you want.

Gordon Barker
National Trust