Re: Cheilomenes lunata (Fabr.) Requried

I am not sure what ever happened to my previous request but I cannot find this ladybird species (Cheilomenes lunata (Fabr.) on the Gateway or on Recorder.

So I am asking again - can we please have this ladybird added to the Dictionaries.  It is a ladybird species from Africa and the Canary Islands and often turns up amongst Supermarket produce.  I have a record for Cheshire from 2006 which I am still waiting to get into the database.  I have also checked on the Net and there are a lot of records between 2006 and 2008 from a wide spread across the Country.

Any chance this could be added SOON please ??

Many thanks.

Steve

Steve J. McWilliam
www.rECOrd-LRC.co.uk
www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/

Hello Steve

Just looked in the NBN Gateway dictionary tables Cheilomenes lunata is there with a taxonversionkey of NHMSYS0020499961. However currently there are no records of it on the Gateway

Best wishes
Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer

Hi Steve,

Cheilomenes lunata (Fabricius) was added to the Species Dictionary on 15 April 2009. However I admit that it is not yet visible on the NHM Species Dictionary website - indicates that it is time that I ran an update of the website.

Best wishes,

Charles Hussey

NBN Species Dictionary Project Manager (Retired!) smile

Thanks for that Charles and Graham - good to know it is there even if I could not find it on the Gateway, on the NHM Species Search nor via the webservices name search.

I think that once again this highlights the need/requirement for name-searches to pull back the name and details regardless of whether there are records on the Gateway or not !!  I strongly feel this is now getting to an URGENT status.

I know the potential for change in this aspect has been discussed - do you have any feel at all for when a planned change is actually going to be implemented in this area ??

Cheers

Steve

Steve J. McWilliam
www.rECOrd-LRC.co.uk

Hello Steve

The changes to allow the taxonomy web service return taxon details even when there are no records for that particular taxon on the NBN Gateway have been made and will be implemented following the release of the next version of the NBN Gateway planned at the end of March.

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer

Graham,

Truly, excellent news.  It has been a while in coming but nonetheless, thank you very much for seeing this through.  I can't wait for the implementation - the sooner March gets here the better.

Cheers and thanks again  !

Steve

Steve J. McWilliam
www.rECOrd-LRC.co.uk