1 (edited by stevemcbill 21-04-2010 15:45:07)

Re: New Species on teh MapMate Dictionary:

Dear Charles,

Could I request a small few additions to the Dictionary please - it would be good to get them on before the next Dictionary release but I realise this is short notice.

The latest release of the MapMate dictionaries has added the following species which are not represented on the Recorder/NBN dictionaries. To have them added will not only enable these species to be recorded within Recorder and thereby within LRCs but will also enable simpler data transfer of such records from copies of MapMate.

The species are:

- Opogona omoscopa (Meyrick, 1893) - (Lepidoptera: Tineidae) - it has one synonym: Hieroxestis praematura

- Prays oleae (Bernard, 1788) - (Lepidoptera, Yponomeutidae) - Olive Moth; Olive Kernel Borer; - synonym: Prays oleellus F.

- Diaphania perspectalis (Walker, 1859) - (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) - Boxworm - synonym Glyphodes perspectalis

- Elaphria agrotina (Guenée, 1852) - (Lepidoptera:  Noctuidae) - Agrotina Midget

- A new aggregate:  Aphelia paleana/unitana - (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae)

- Prokelisia marginata (Van Duzee, 1897) - (Homoptera: Delphacidae)

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Steve

Steve J. McWilliam
www.rECOrd-LRC.co.uk
www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/

Re: New Species on teh MapMate Dictionary:

Dear Steve,

I am pleased to say that these names did make the deadline for the Recorder update now due.

Regards,

Charles Hussey

NBN Species Dictionary Project Manager (Retired!) smile