1 (edited by stevemcbill 07-06-2009 10:29:13)

Re: Oil Beetle Nomebclature

Scotty Dodd has recently posted the message below to the British Beetles Yahoo Group:

---------------------------------------------
"For all recorders using Mapmate, following on from an earlier query regarding how to log Meloe proscarabaeus / violaceus records identified prior to Ramsey's (2009) revised key and without voucher material available for reappraisal.

I have now contacted Mapmate support and requested a Meloe proscarabaeus / violaceus recording option which should avoid the need to erase old records. I would still find it useful if the original determination was logged in the comments box. This option, if actioned, will at least allow us to see the general distribution and identify areas where fieldwork is required.

Many thanks

Scotty Dodd
Tenebrionoidae Recording Scheme".
-------------------------------------------------

Obviously, with the problems outlined above, and with MapMate adding in a new taxon aggregation for this grouping, there needs to be a similar addition to the Recorder/NBN Species Dictionaries. This will enable re-allocation of older data (see above) and will also allow changed data from MapMate users to be imported into LRC's and to Recorder databases used by County Recorders, etc.

Steve

Steve J. McWilliam
www.rECOrd-LRC.co.uk
www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/

Would you let us know the reference for that key, please?

Murdo

Dear Steve,

I have added Meloe proscarabeus/violaceus to the Species Dictionary witha TAXON VERSION KEY of NHMSYS0020502636. This will appear in teh next update to Recorder in the 'List of Additional Names'

Regards,

Charles Hussey

NBN Species Dictionary Project Manager (Retired!) smile

Many thanks Charles - much appreciated.

Steve

Steve J. McWilliam
www.rECOrd-LRC.co.uk
www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/