1 (edited by brianmiller 01-12-2006 12:08:34)

Re: Import Rejects Name_Relation

I am exporting some records from our Recorder 6 to another Recorder 6 (same versions). I open a Rucksack of the Location I want to export, ticking all Obs and Subsites. It exports fine.

When importing it seems to import fine, no Invalid items, no duplicates (it is a blank Recorder 6 being imported into). It then comes up with ImportRejects all of the type Name_Relation. When examining these against the original database it appears that nearly all the rejects are due to asociations made between people and an organisation.

I remember Charles reporting something about only having a 'zero in Vague Dates and that causing problems but removing those has made no difference.

There are some entries in the new database in the Name_Relation table.
When comparing the reject keys to the exported database's Name_Relation table, of the ones imported, none of the keys in Name_Key_1 have any other Name_Relation items (i.e. all these imported fine). However, of the two different keys in Name_Key_2 (both organisations) one of these (which represents our Organisation, thus staff and vols are associated to it) has many items which did not imort.

When I remove some of the associations in the original database and re-do the import into a blank database, the number of rejects is reduced, because the Name_Relation items has reduced no doubt.

Is this a bug? Has anyone else had these problems and can shed some light on an answer if there is one please?

Expanding on this one though, seeing as the Name table is the only one related to Name_Relation can I actually manually copy in the ones that were rejected?

Thanks

Brian

Brian Miller
(Conservation Officer (Buckinghamshire), BBOWT)