Re: Indicia 0.7

Hi all,
I've just released the Indicia 0.7 files which can be downloaded from http://code.google.com/p/indicia/downloads/list.

As usual there are many bugfixes and minor tweaks and full details are available on the Google code site, but here is a list of the main changes:

Release of Instant Indicia (see separate post).
Update to OpenLayers 2.11. This includes much better support for mapping on mobile devices with multi-touch support and support for Google Maps v3 API.
XML reports are now more flexible, with support for dynamic addition of custom attributes.
Report grids support a much improved paginator and the option to add extra HTML to the report footer.
The IForm module now has a settings page, letting you define the website registration and map settings for all forms on the site in one place.
The IForm module now has a tasks page which lets to clear the IForm cache.
Warehouse install guide updated.
Warehouse location edit page improved, with support for drawing boundaries.
Map has support for a toolbar plus shape editing controls.
When attaching attributes to a survey, it is now possible to setup the attributes so that they are only active for certain sample types or location types.
The map now has an option to remember its last position between usages.
Map now supports a graticule (grid line overlay).
New logo on the warehouse banner.
Improvements and changes to the MNHNL butterflies, MNHNL Bats, SPIPOLL pollination recording prebuilt forms.
Support for German MTB grid squares
Report and data service parameters accepted as GET or POST.
The report web service now supports obtaining a list of available reports.
Lots of new reports available in a library folder.
New verification_3 prebuilt form makes verification quicker and easier.
Configuring of prebuilt forms now easier:
    Selecting a report done via a report picker control.
    Configuration of advanced parameters done via a json editor control
Occurrences table now has a zero_abundance field.
People table now has an external_key field.
Data services now accept a transaction_id in the saved form's data. This id is then returned in the response from the warehouse, making async saving possible via AJAX.
Support for spatial reporting including buffering.
Fix for supporting historic vague dates.
Species checklist grid and dynamic form now both support adding a confidential checkbox to the grid input.
Improved default date format on input forms.
Image upload now has better cross-browser compatibility.
CSV upload performance improved, particularly with large CSV files.
New prebuilt form for displaying a chart.
Upgraded to latest version of charting library.
New control and prebuilt form for outputting a freeform report (e.g. constructing any form of output not just grids).

Best wishes

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

2 (edited by biren103 06-10-2011 12:13:35)

I shall be updating indicia testwarehouse.indicia.org.uk on 07/10/2011. So, during this it won't be available. I will update the message once I finish.

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer

indicia testwarehouse.indicia.org.uk is back and running as usal now.

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer

4 (edited by Alan Hale 13-10-2011 06:45:07)

I'm having trouble with this. I tried overwriting my version 0.4 as per instructions but merely got the "Unable to complete request" message. I then decided to scrap my 0.4 installation and install 0.7 from scratch. I'm now getting a series of errors (which just tried posting but my post was rejected as spam).

Cheers

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

I’ve ascertained the following. The Kohana framework calls the PHP function glob() (a function to search for files matching a pattern in a directory) to access it’s cache. This function is documented as returning an empty array if nothing is found, or FALSE on an error. That is what the Kohana code expects as well. In your case, when there is nothing matching the pattern in the cache folder, glob() returns FALSE instead of an empty array, causing Kohana to fall over.

There is a PHP error report at https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43530 which suggests this may be to do with safe mode and PHP 5.2, though I thought you had turned it off on this domain now? It does suggest that the error will not occur on PHP 5.3 though so that is another way forward.

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Thanks John - I can confirm that switching off PHP safe mode at the server level (as opposed to just on an individual domain) does fix the problem.

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth