1 (edited by Graham French 15-06-2011 08:33:21)

Re: Release of NBN Record Cleaner

The NBN Record Cleaner, a desktop tool that can be used to validate and verify records, is available to download from the NBN website (http://www.nbn.org.uk/RecordCleaner).

In addition there are links to the NBN Record Cleaner User Guide and NBN Record Cleaner Rule Guide, providing information on how to use the tool as well as how to create and distribute verification rules.

This new version replaces the previous beta version 1.0.3.8 and should be downloaded and installed on your local computer. Do not update from the beta version.

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer

Hi Graham,

I've upgraded to v1.0.6.6 from the beta version and have lost access to my downloaded rules, specifically the Butterfly Conservation rules. The boxes are now unticked and selecting them again doesn't make the 'Update selected' button available or makes the rules already on the C: drive available.

Am I missing something?

Les Evans-Hill
Senior Data Officer, National Moth Recording Scheme

Hello Les

The beta version and the new released versions are completely different applications installed in different directories. You need to download and install the new version of the NBN Record Cleaner separately. Do not update from the beta version which should be removed from your local machine. I will edit my above post to stress this

Best wishes

Graham

Hi Graham,

That's what I did in the end and all is fine.

Les Evans-Hill
Senior Data Officer, National Moth Recording Scheme