Re: User added statuses

I don't seem to be able to get user-added statuses displayed in Reports - am I missing something or does Recorder 6 not deal with this? Has this question been raised before?

Bob

Doncaster BRC

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC
Coleoptera recorder for YNU

I know how to do this, but I don't have time to answer properly now. It's all to do with the tables REPORT_FIELD, REPORT_JOIN, REPORT_ATTRIBUTE and REPORT_WHERE, so try searching for these. There is information on how to do it on the Recorder 6 website somewhere under resources.

But hopefully you'll get a more coherent answer than this. If not, I will explain next week.

Rob Large
Wildlife Sites Officer
Wiltshire & Swindon Biological Records Centre

The technical document which explains the whole system is at.

http://www.jncc.gov.uk/pdf/rec6_Designations-TechnicalTutorial.pdf

Basically you need to set up a new Taxon_Designation_Set which includes all the designations type you need including  your local designation type keys. There are XML reports and batch updates which are help with this. Once set up the'set' can be used in the Report Wizard to get the designations you need in the format you require. The set can also be used in XML reports. It is also important that the index tables are kept up to date when any new local designations are added, or when a Dictionary update is loaded.

Mike

Mike Weideli

Rob, Mike, thanks for your quick responses - now sorted I think using the JNCC document

Bob

Bob Marsh
Doncaster LRC
Coleoptera recorder for YNU

JNNCC Documemt

Mike Weideli