Re: Species dictionary upgrade Q now available

Dear all,

Species dictionary upgrade Q is now available (link below) which fixes an issue in databases which have been installed from the latest installation disks (6.15.4). Upgrade Q is an exact duplicate of upgrade O, which failed to run on the installation disks database. Please remember to re-build the indexes after running the upgrade.

I appreciate that this does not apply to most of you, but the upgrade will need to be run anyway to maintain your dictionary sequence for future upgrades. This upgrade will not affect your database and will prompt the message "Upgrade complete. No database updates were required" and you do not need to rebuild the indexes.

http://www.jncc.gov.uk/page-4615

Best wishes,
Mary Campling

That's odd. I just ran the update and it went as expected, except that it did not say "No database updates were required". We certainly did not install from the latest set of disks.

I wonder whether I need to update the indexes now? Probably better do it anyway

Rob Large
Wildlife Sites Officer
Wiltshire & Swindon Biological Records Centre

Hi Rob,
Not sure about the indexes, but the message not appearing is perfectly normal. This message appears when there were no scripts in sequence that needed to be applied, in your case there was a script and it was applied. There is no intelligence in the test which detects whether or not the scripts actually changed anything, because that would be quite a bit more complex.

Best Wishes

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT