Re: Version 0.2.5

Hi All,

I've posted version 0.2.5 up to the Downloads page on Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/indicia/downlo … 1270460249.

This is mainly a bug-fix release with a large number of minor fixes - the full list is in the change log but the following list summarises the main points:

Alpha version of the SPIPOLL pollinators recording scheme forms.

Ad-hoc cetaceans recording form.

Spatial reference control allows latitude and longitude in separate boxes, with support for various lat/long notations such as degrees, minutes, decimal seconds or degrees, decimal minutes.

Data entry controls now support a helpText property for adding helpful information alongside the control

Bugfixes to loading Google map layers onto maps that are initially hidden (e.g. on a tab or hidden div).

Users without core admin rights now have more limited access to the Warehouse, though this is work-in-progress.

Client-side jQuery validation now improved, particularly for radio groups.

If cUrl is not present, then tries to use an emulation of cUrl making the cUrl library no longer necessary. At the moment image upload does not work through this method though.

The Warehouse now has a simple beradcrumb facility making navigation easier.

Fixes to thumbnail generation and improvements to editing the list of images attached to a location, taxon or occurrence on the Warehouse.

Interim upload files are now cleaned up properly from the client website.

The species_checklist control now supports much more flexible templating. See the ad-hoc cetaceans pre-built form for an example.

Replaced thickbox with fancybox for zooming images.

The IForm module now includes a Proxy sub-module that makes it possible to send AJAX requests to post a form via the proxy. The proxy will attach authentication to the form post depending on the user's privileges in Drupal.

Multiple image upload for a record is now possible.

The map now works with base layers that are not spherical mercator Google projection (EPSG:900913).

The bird transect recording form has several bug-fixes and improvements.

Cheers

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

I plan to upgrade http://testwarehouse.indicia.org.uk  tomorrow, Wednesday 7th April.
Users should expect the service to be unavailable during the upgrade.
I will post here again when the work is complete.

Jim Bacon
Biological Records Centre.

The test warehouse has been successfully upgraded and is available for use.
Jim

Following the upgrade to the test server, I plan to upgrade http://warehouse1.indicia.org.uk  tomorrow, Friday 9th April.
Users should expect the service to be unavailable during the upgrade.
I will post here again when the work is complete.

Jim Bacon
Biological Records Centre.

Warehouse1 has been successfully upgraded and is available for use.
Jim

6 (edited by Alan Hale 15-04-2010 13:47:37)

I've made a fresh warehouse install, and also updated my Drupal iForm module. No hitches in either case.

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

Good the hear, thanks for letting us know Alan.

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT