1 (edited by Alan Hale 27-11-2009 18:09:37)

Re: Error relating to path to PEAR

I've tried to set up a custom species list and to register a website. In both cases I get this error:

Fatal error: ORM::wrap() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'client_helpers\submission_builder.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in/var/www/indicia/application/libraries/MY_ORM.php on line 826

For the record, I do have PEAR installed - at /usr/share/php/PEAR/

On Ubuntu 9.10

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

Hi Alan

I don't think it is Pear that is the problem - it is the client_helpers/submission_builder.php file. Do yo have this file (relative to the root of your Indicia installation folder)? If so then let me know as it must be a problem with paths, otherwise it sounds like your installation is incomplete and some files are missing. One possibility is that you moved the client_helpers folder into your own development directory rather than copied it? If so you can just copy it back again.

Best Wishes

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Hi John

Yes, the file is there - /var/www/indicia/client_helpers/submission_builder.php .

Cheers

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

Hi Alan

It seems I have made an assumption about relative paths that does not hold true always. I have a potential fix for you, but would you be able to test it for me (since it works here..)?

The fix is in the file application/libraries/MY_ORM.php. Open this in a text editor and find the line which reads

require_once('client_helpers\submission_builder.php');

Just change this to the following then save it.

require_once(DOCROOT.'client_helpers\submission_builder.php');

Let me know if this works please.

Best Wishes

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Hi John

Thanks for this - however, I'm afraid it doesn't work with me, and I get exactly the same error.

Cheers

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

Ok, thanks for trying anyway. It's always a bit tricky spotting problems from a distance!
Can you try a couple of things for me please:
1) Check that there is a file /var/www/indicia/client_helpers/helper_config.php. In theory this can't be the problem (it is required by the submission_builder file, but if it was missing then your error should complain that helper_config is missing, not submission_builder). It's worth checking anyway.
2) What happens if you navigate through your web browser to indicia/helper_config.php? It should be just a blank page.
3) Can you compare the permissions on this file against the files in the indicia/application directory, e.g. controllers/indicia.php? It could be that your webserver has no rights to see the file.

Best Wishes

John

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Hi John

Yes, I quite understand - can be hard enough when you have direct access.

All those tests you suggested checked out OK .

BUT - I've just noticed that in the error:

Fatal error: ORM::wrap() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/var/www/indicia/client_helpers\submission_builder.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/indicia/application/libraries/MY_ORM.php on line 826

There is a backslash rather than forward slash between "client_helpers" and "submission_builder". Could this be the problem?

Cheers

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

8 (edited by Alan Hale 02-12-2009 09:27:10)

.. and that is indeed the problem. Editing line 812 in MY_ORM.php fixes it.

The error seems to have crept in with v.0.2.1 , comparing this with 0.2.

Cheers

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

Ah, I should have spotted that - sorry! Thanks for the input though, I have committed this fix to the code base for the next release.

Cheers

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

10 (edited by Alan Hale 02-12-2009 14:39:59)

Isn't it always the little things?

Glad to have helped.

Cheers
Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth