1 (edited by AlanHale 22-11-2009 13:14:00)

Re: Successful install of Warehouse server on Ubuntu - but can't login.

I've now set up a fresh Ubuntu 9.10 development server, installed PostgreSQL 8.4 and postgis  from rpm packages and created the indicia database. The subsequent installation has all gone fine as far as the login page. I tried to login using admin and no password as according to the online  instructions, but am just taken to the "Unable to complete request" page.

Alan

Hi Alan

There are 2 things you can try. First, when you login, check the URL it has directed you to. It should be something like http://localhost/indicia/index.php/home (assuming your site is at localhost/indicia). I have seen a problem elsewhere were immediately after login the path was wrong but haven't got to the bottom of it yet, though it is probably something wrong in a config file.

The second thing to do would be to enable debug logging, then take a look at the log content. Here's how: http://code.google.com/p/indicia/wiki/W … ingLogging.

Let us know how you get on.

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

3 (edited by AlanHale 23-11-2009 09:30:07)

Hi John

The URL looks OK (it actually is ............ /index.php/login ). I enabled debug logging as you suggested and the problem appears to be that the schema 'indicia' is missing. Now, if I recall correctly you are given the option of choosing a schema name during the database setup, and I think I specified 'indicia_schema' as the name - whereas the script is looking for 'indicia'. Full error message below. Any way to fix this from my end now?
Cheers
Alan

Upgrade Error - Time: Mon, 23 Nov 09 08:51:02 +0000
MESSAGE: pg_query() [<a href='function.pg-query'>function.pg-query</a>]: Query failed: ERROR:  schema &quot;indicia&quot; does not exist
CODE: 0
FILE: /var/www/indicia/system/libraries/drivers/Database/Pgsql.php
LINE: 86

Just to confirm - I do actually have in the database an 'indicia_schema' schema. Perhaps if I re-name this, or alternatively edit the script Pgsql.php ?

Hi Alan

I guess the database configuration did not get written properly after your early attempts failed. You can find this in the file application/config/database.php. The setting you need is under schema - it is in the file twice, once for the main database user and once for the reports user.

Cheers

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Hi John

I don't see how that could be since this second attempt was completely fresh install of PostgreSQL and Indicia on a new build of Ubuntu, and there were no obvious problems in teh database config stage this time.

Looking in database.php the schema name seems to be as I entered it in the db config form  - 'indicia_schema'.

Cheers

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

Ok, one other thought. Do you know when you downloaded Indicia? If it was recently (version 0.2.1) then it should be fine, but version 0.2 did have a bug whereby one of the upgrade scripts erroneously referred to the schema indicia. You can just copy the files onto your installation and retry if you think this is the problem.

If you have no luck, can you let us know the name of the file in indicia\modules\indicia_setup\db\upgrade_0_1_to_0_2 which has a filename like ____***____, as this will tell me if it is sticking on the database upgrade.

Cheers

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

8 (edited by Alan Hale 24-11-2009 20:37:57)

Hi John

That looks like the problem - I seemed to have downloaded and installed v. 0.2. I can't understand how since I only started on this at the end of last week and the download page says 0.2.1 went up on 25 September.

Anyway, I've overwritten the existing installation files with 0.2.1 as you suggest and can now get past the login page and update the details for admin.

I've only got as far as looking at the demonstration pages but there seems to be an additional problem here:

Warning: A request sent to the Indicia Warehouse URL did not respond as expected. Please ensure that the helper_config.php $base_url setting is correct. The current setting is http://myservername/indicia

When I go into one of the demo pages it seems clear that the problem is a missing trailing '/' after 'indicia'.

But maybe I need to do another fresh install.

Cheers

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

Hi Alan

I suspect you followed an old link to the 0.2 download which is deprecated so not listed on the download page, but the file still exists. That's why it is best for download links to go to the page rather than the file.

The trailing slash is a known problem - having fixed that you should be OK now. I'll try and get this issue fixed for the next release.

Best Wishes

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT