Re: Warehouse installation - problems with database configuration

I'm attempting to install the demo on Ubuntu 9.04 server (in a closed network). I've got the database set up OK and can connect to it from pgAdminIII with a custom user indicia_user. But when I come to the database configuration page of the Warehouse setup I meet some problems with database connection.

When I complete the database config form and submit I'm taken to 'config_db_save' which tells me:

"Unable to completer request". At the top of this page is a single word "and".

I suspect I've got the pg_hpa.conf entry right and submitting the right parameters on the db config form, because I was getting some errors returned in the form, and these no longer occur.

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

This posting is now redundant as far as I'm concerned (see my next posting).
Alan

Hi Alan

Thanks for letting us know - I was planning to look into it this morning so that saves me a job! It would be handy to know what happened though so we can either update the installer or instructions to prevent others having the problem next time round.

Thanks

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Hi John

It would probably be difficult for me to reproduce this now since I've started again from scratch .As mentioned above I was getting some "access denied" type errors returned in the login page itself, and then after a final alteration to my pg_hba.conf file these ceased, but I got the  "unable to complete request" page with the stray "and". The only other thing I can tell you is that in my initial build I'd set up a custom user for Indicia but on the second attempt I didn't bother and just used the postgres super user.

Cheers

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth