Re: Hanging Map Location Tool

This is probably due to "operator error" as I'm a new user, however I've tried several times to use the location tool but it hangs. I can't change any of the pull down boxes and if I go OK I just get a blank box and Recorder hangs.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Which version of Recorder are you using and what exactly do you mean by the location tool?

Thanks,
Lynn

Lynn,
          Hello. The version is 6.13a and the correct words should have been Map Navigator Tool.

Mark

Hi Mark,

If you only have one base map sheet and/or only one polygon layer there will not be any other optionsi n the dropdowns. All I have on the map navigator tool is centre, zoom and select which all appear to be working fine. Have you got a list of locations in the main section of the tool or none at all? These are the locations from the location screen that are associated with polygons on the map - if you do not have any polygons at all or any polygons associated with locations from the location screen I guess the tool will appear not to work. I don't seem to have an 'OK' button. This tool is not meant to highlight geographic locations within the uk - simply to highlight locations fromt he location screen that have been linked with the map (through polygons).

Hope this helps.
Lynn

Lynn,
          I have discovered the solution - patience. I loaded the entire Watsonian vice county map, this unfortunatly contains dozens of shapes, they take hours to load.

Mark