Re: Upgrading Recorder 6

Hi,

I am currently setting up Recorder 6 using Citrix, we have most things working but I have a few queries with regard to the upgrade. We basically have a Windows 2003 server hosting the SQL Express database and the Recorder 6 server files. We then have the Recorder 6 client installed on a seperate Citrix server which connects to the database server.

If I try to run the upgrade from the server I get an error that Recorder 6 is not installed correctly. If I then install the Recorder 6 client on the server and run the upgrade it works fine. Basically is part of the requirements for the upgrade a working copy of the client on the server?

Also I noticed when doing an upgrade if you specify and incorrect sa password you we be informed you entered and incorrect password but the upgrade program does not exit gracefully. Instead it just appears to keep running and you need to end task it.

Regards,

Gareth.

There is a requirement to run the Recorder 6 upgrade kit from a machine with the workstation (client) installed. However, you don’t have to run the upgrade on the actual server itself, any client will be fine.

Regards,

Simon

Simon Wood
[url=http://www.dorsetsoftware.com/]Dorset Software Services[/url]

Thanks for the clarification Simon.

Regards,

Gareth.

Hi,

When i launch the recorderupgrade.exe i get a message asking whether i want to run the software as the publisher is not verified. If i accept this, the program crashes. This is occuring on numerous workstations and on the server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Ed