Re: Transferring data from Recorder 2002 to Recorder 6 (version 6.10.4)

For some basic guidance on transferring data from Recorder 2002 to Recorder 6 (using the new V6.10 CDs) please click on the following link:

http://forums.nbn.org.uk/files/Guidance_on_transfering_Recorder_2002_data_using_Recorder_6104_V3.zip

Save the .zip to your Desktop or My Documents folder etc. The zip file contains a word document.

Please feel free to post any questions or feedback etc. on the above.

Many thanks,

Sarah

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC

I need to upgrade our system from Recorder 2002 to Recorder 6.  I have several exports set up to send data to recording groups - will these transfer across?  I don't want to have to set them up again, as I've already sent lots of records, and don't want to have to go throught the process again.

Ellie

Hi,

It's a long time since I posted my original message about whether exports to recording groups will transfer over to Recorder 6 - but we haven't got around to upgrading yet.  I still haven't found an answer to my question - I have a lot of exports set up, and I rally don't want to have to start from the beginnng again.

Can anyone help?

Ellie

Ellie Knott
Devon Biodiversity Records Centre

Eleanor Knott
Devon Biodiversity Records Centre

Hi Ellie
I am looking to upgrade an instance of R 2002 as well.
I had a look through the guidance document mentioned in Sarah's original post. On page 7 it mentions that the database structures are different so that reports created in R2002 will not work in R6. I presume that your exports are based on reports? If so, it doesn't look like they will work in R6.
Cheers
David

[color=blue]David Angel[/color]
[color=blue]Data Officer[/color]
[color=blue]The Wildlife Information Centre[/color]

A revised version of Sarah’s document will soon be available for download from the new Recorder web-site that JNCC are working on. It provides much more information on resolving the problems that may occur with Recorder 2002 to Recorder 6 data transfers. If you need a copy beforehand let me know and I will e-mail it to you. R2002 things like reports/exports need to be tested in R6. Many will work although some will need modification. From memory, I think the reports Sarah is referring to are those provided by the Report button on the Location hierarchy window and the SQL Reports add-in for R2002.

Sally Rankin, JNCC Recorder Approved Expert
E-mail: s.rankin@btinternet.com
Telephone: 01491 578633
Mobile: 07941 207687