Re: NBN Exchange format transfering?

Hi All,
Do you know if there is any software or mechanism around that can be used to transfer MS Word or Excel data file into NBN Exchange formated files? I understand it can be done via adins used with Recorder but can it be done if I am not using Recorder ?
thanks

There are no software or systems to transfer data from an excel spreadsheet into the NBN Exchange Format. However I can supply a number of excel macros that will help, for example converting dates to vague date format, getting precision and projection from grid references. Your would also need to match your species to the appropriate taxonversionkey, which I could send onto you.

Best wishes
Graham French
NBN technical Liaison Officer

Hi,
As part of my project I been working on for some time I have developed a system which allows file conversion into NBN Exchange format. It is a stand alone software which can also be used to search multiple files to produce a single file based on the searched results. There is alo an online facility where users can upload their data and send to multiple organisations in various formats (including NBN Exchange format). I hope that helps. Just drop me a msg if you want to discuss it further.